Fashion Design course with a strong technical and practical emphasis during which students learn all steps of creating a Menswear clothing collection: from the research of fashion trends, to the creation of blocks and patterns, till the sewing and fitting prototype, together with the study of the latest CAD software release.
Graduates will be able to work in any phase of a menswear clothing collection design process, both as a freelance and as an employee in industries, services or craft companies. In particular in all those professions related to the style office (fashion designer, dress designer, illustrator); to the product development office (product manager); to the patternmaking office (patternmaker, CAD patternmaker); the prototype departments (prototype’s tailor) and the tailoring department (tailor).
5 days a week (Monday to Friday) with a total of 27 hours per week. Attendance is compulsory.
- study of the male figure
- fashion drawing techniques
- study of fabrics and fibres
- history of costume
- clothing collection design
- menswear patternmaking
- men's underwear patternmaking
- made-to-measure patternmaking
- tailored patternmaking
- sewing of menswear prototypes
- sewing of men's underwear prototypes
- sewing of made to measure prototypes
- Tailored menswear
- CAD patternmaking
- graphic design
- college qualification (high school diploma)
- for foreign students: good level of the Italian or the English language (equivalent to level B1 – CEFR)