Data processing purposes and methods
Please find hereunder a summary of all the operations we perform which involve the collection, storing and/or processing of your personal data, and the purposes individually pursued in connection thereof.
a. collection and storing of your personal data in connection with the provision of the services offered by the web site http://www.secoli.com, the data are also connected in case the Judicial Authority should require it.
b. processing of your personal data, as provided by you, and of the data as obtained from your navigation of the web site with a view to improving operations as connected with the contents of the same web site (for registered users only)
c. collection, storing and processing of your personal data in connection with administrative requirements, including any transmission by electronic mail and/or on paper of notices pertaining to institutional purposes.
Personal data are processed via information technology means for such time as is strictly necessary in connection with attaining the objectives for which such data are collected; processing procedures may be both manual and automated.
With a view to preventing loss of data, unlawful, unauthorized and incorrect access thereof, specific security measures are complied with.
Types of data processed
a. Navigation data
Information technology systems and software procedures for running this web site acquire, in the process of their normal operation, some personal data; the transmission of this data are implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information which, on its own, through processing and associations with data held by third parties, could potentially cause users to be identified. This category of data include IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users connecting to the web site, URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier) of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained by way of reply, the numerical code showing the status of the reply given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the users’ operating system and IT environment. These data are used strictly in connection with obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the site and to check correct operating thereof. The data could be used to establish liability in case of IT offences damaging the web site: without prejudice to this case, at present the data on web contacts do not last more than six months. Anonymous statistics (aggregated data) on the use of the web site may be disclosed to entities and/or external parties for reporting purposes and in any event not for commercial promotion purposes.
b. Data supplied by the user voluntarily
o The optional, explicit and voluntary forwarding of electronic mail via the special form to the contact persons shown on this web site involves the ensuing acquisition of the address of the sender, required in order to send replies to requests, and any other personal data entered in the mail.
o No personal datum of users is acquired intentionally by the web site. Cookies are not used for the transmission of information of a personal nature. The use of the so-called session cookies (which are not memorized persistently on the user’s computer and disappear once the browser is shut down) is strictly confined to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) which enable safe and efficient exploration of the web site. By using these so-called session cookies used on this web site, one avoids having to resort to other IT techniques which are potentially prejudicial in terms of confidentiality of users’ navigation, the user’s personal identification data cannot be acquired. The use of persistent cookies (not session cookies) is strictly connected with improving use of the web site and simplifying the methods whereby users interact with the same. Your browser’s settings can be changed so that persistent cookies cannot be received. A refusal to receive the said cookies may however limit your possibilities in terms of interaction with the web site.
Rights of the data subject
You will be able to exercise your rights vis-à-vis the Data Controller pursuant to art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 at any time; the contents of the article are shown hereunder:
a. A data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data
concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
b. A data subject shall have the right to be informed:
• of the source of the personal data
• of the purposes and methods of the processing
• of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means
• the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated as per Section 5(2)
• of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
c. A data subject shall have the right to obtain:
• updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data
• erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed
• certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
d. A data subject shall have the right to object to, in whole or in part:
• on legitimate grounds, the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though the data concern the collection purpose
• the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
• the rights referred to in Section 7 may be exercised by making a request to the data controller or processor without formalities, also by the agency of a person in charge of the processing. A suitable response shall be provided to said request without delay.
• The request, addressed to the Data Manager, may be transmitted through registered letter, telefax or electronic mail.